Here are quick steps on how to test your system before your show on your own using our Test encoder. These steps allows you to confirm that your sound quality and mic levels are good without seeking anyone to tune in and give you feedback. If you don’t have the test encoder, contact support and they will be able to assist you.
- Start Playing music in SAM Broadcaster
- Start your Test encoder (if no one is currently using test encoder, it should connect). If you are not sure which one test, double-click on it and check the server details. I should be similar to the one below.
- Once connected, mute your studio by clicking on Player > Mute Studio on the Menu (or Press F12 on your keyboard)
- Using your web browser, go to https://www.zimnetradio.com/test
- Click the Play button under the LISTEN TEST LIVE
- Switch back to SAM and click on Lock Talk on the Voice FX window and test you mic. There is a slight delay till you hear the playback. Adjust your mic levels as needed until you sound good.
- Stop the test encoder
- Unmute the Studio by either clicking F12 or click on Player > Mute Studio (this will remove the check mark)